BEFRIENDING AND MENTORING
The Triple A Navigator Programme was devised as a result of listening to the issues and challenges faced by many autistic individuals in Cumbria. A Navigator is a hybrid of mentor, befriender and is matched with an autistic adult. The aim is to steer and support individuals towards a safe and positive life; building on strengths and navigating a path towards identified goals.
* The Navigator Programme for autistic people in Cumbria is subject to funding
Please complete this form if you are autistic, live in Cumbria and would like to work 1:1 with a Triple A Navigator.
** June 2022 update: **
Be aware: Due to a high level of referrals we are currently managing a waiting list for unfunded referrals. If you are self funding or a professional wishing to refer through funded places we will respond to you as soon as we can. Otherwise you will receive a holding email.
- This form is designed as an initial point of contact to collect your information as you seek to access services offered by Triple A (an autism charity based in Cumbria). This form can also be used by other professionals or by family members to make a service referral on your behalf, with your consent.
- All information collected by the Triple-A will be carefully stored to protect each person’s personal information.
- If you have difficulties completing this form, please text 07733818776 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional help or assistance.
- We will contact you using the contact information you provide on your form to discuss how the Triple A team might work with you, or to help signpost you to another organisation that might be more appropriate for meeting your specific needs.
Please note that the Navigator Programme:
- – is not designed as an emergency response
- – is not a free service. There is a fee. It can either be self-funded, or funded by health and social care.
The Navigator Programme costs £20 per hour. We expect a navigation to last between 1 to 2 hours each week. More hours can be arranged.
Your Navigation support is then reviewed after 6 weeks, although it can continue past this point if there is a need.
Your details will be kept in accordance with Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and will be held securely and confidentially