Our range of in-house training is provided by the Triple A team, including an autistic co-facilitator. The training is in an informal format, and presented in an easy to understand, jargon-free language. They include open discussions, training videos, interactive Q&A times and practical activities. Our training is designed to be engaging, interactive and fun!
Our current training topics include:
- To equip participants with a practical working knowledge of autism
- To listen to and discuss issues with co-facilitators who are autistic (experts by experience)
- To consolidate understanding regarding what autism is
- To introduce strategies when interacting with individuals who appear autistic
- To consider communication, sensory and environmental issues
- To equip practitioners on signposting information
Toon Talk© – Communicating with Cartoons
An interactive workship that will:
- Demonstrate how to use simple line drawings as an effective tool for communication
- Explore how this technique can be used to record information and when using tools such a Social Stories™, Comic Strip Conversations, etc
- Prove you do not need to be an artist to use this technique
For details on our next training events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
‘Take Time to Allow Time’
A Triple A and NHS England presented production.
‘Autism Awareness – Helping Us to Help You’
A University of Cumbria supported production in conjunction with Triple A and NHS England.
‘All About Autism’
A University of Cumbria supported production in conjunction with Triple A and Cumbria Constabulary.